On this website, we have talked about the best way to get around the Great Firewall of China on many occasions as well as how to access the internet without restrictions in China.
However, what happens when we want to access the network that exists within the Great Firewall? This article is intended for people who for whatever reason want to access websites located in China without any type of restrictions.
Summary of the article
Below is a summary of what this article talks about and the conclusions we reach. If you want more information, just read the section you are interested in.
- Problem: Browsing Chinese websites outside of the country is extremely slow and some content is restricted (for examples videos on Youku, Tudou, Sohu and LeTV)
- Reason: The Great Firewall and geographic restrictions (copyright laws)
- The best way to resolve this: A VPN with a server in China
- What VPN do we recommend: VPN Area, Ivacy and Hide My Ass are to date the best VPNs that we have found for accessing the Chinanet. You can click here to try out VPN Area, here to try out Ivacy or here to try out Hide My Ass.
- Who do we recommend use a VPN with a server in China?: People of Chinese origin who live outside of the country, Mandarin students and people who due to their job or for other reasons need to do research on China.