This is a complete guide to rent an apartment, or just a room in a shared flat, in Shanghai. You will learn:
- The best websites to rent an apartment in Shanghai (both in English and Chinese language).
- The pros and cons of looking for a room or an apartment on the internet.
- A nice trick to get a better price if you are looking for a room in a shared flat.
- The pros and cons of using an agency, how to spot an honest agency.
- What are the expenses beside the monthly rent (security deposit, agency fee, electricity and so on).
- Why you must ask for a regular contract.
- The most common scams while renting an apartment in China.
- Which is the best zone to live in Shanghai if you want to have a social life without spending hours in a cab.