Sapore Di Cina is an independent website completely produced by two people. Maintaining the website costs us more than 2,000 USD per month (translators, writers, server, software, accounting and so on) and a ton of time.
Why are we telling you all this?
Because if you buy one of the products that we recommend (not all of them actually) through one of the links on this website we earn a commission for referring you (usually around 10% but it may vary according to the service).
For you it doesn’t make any difference. Either you buy the product through our link or from a random Google search, you’ll still pay the same price and end up with the same product (actually often we offer a better deal, as many of our partners agreed to offer a discount to our readers).
However for us it does make a difference as if we refer enough people we can earn enough money to cover all our expenses, dedicate more time to this website and assure an overall better quality of the content.
As we believe that the best way to make you come back to SaporeDiCina is to offer the best value we can, we aim at publishing unbiased reviews, underlining strengths and weaknesses of the products we talk about.
So far, here the list of the products for which we get a referral commission:
- Amazon’s products such a books or electronic devices;
- Several Chinese courses (at the moment Skritter, FluentU, Yo Yo Chinese, Rocket Languages, ChinesePod, ChineseClass101, Hacking Chinese, and The Chairman’s Bao) and Chinese schools;
- Agoda and Booking, according to our personal experience the best platforms to book an hotel in Asia;
- World Nomads, the travel insurance company that we use ourselves, and IMG, a insurance company for Expats;
- Expedia and cTrip, the agencies we usually use to book our international and internal Chinese flight, respectively;
- China Highlights and cTrip, in our opinion the best agencies to book a ticket train in China, 12GoAsia and Baolou, in our opinion the best agencies to book a train or bus ticket in South East Asia, and Russian Train, in our opinion the best agency to book a train ticket for the Transsiberian; Get Your Guide, the agency we prefer for short-term tours in Asia;
- TransferWise, the service we use to transfer money abroad in a cheap, safe and fast way;
- Visa HQ, in our opinion the best agency to get a visa for China and many other asian countries, and China Visa Direct, in our opinion the best agency to get a group online visa for China;
- TriGlobal, our partner for international moving services;
- Toll Free Forwarding and Kall8, CallHippo our partners for virtual phone numbers services;
- Vypr VPN, Express VPN, Pure VPN, Nord VPN, VPN Area, Torguard VPN, Astrill VPN, Hide My Ass VPN and Strong VPN, the VPNs we recommend at the moment;
- Teavivre, until now the best company we found to buy Chinese tea directly from China (yes, we are Long Jing green tea addicted and we buy our tea from Teavivre);
- Dolce Colle, a distributor of Italian wine based in Shanghai that offers a 60% discount on all wines to the readers of SDC.
Moreover, if you ask to us for the name of a travel agency, an agency that may help you to move to China to work or study, an agency that may help you to register a company in Asia or getting a prepaid card for your company, a visa agency, an insurance broker or a Chinese school, according to your needs, we may recommend to you an agency that gives us a commission in exchange for the referral. Also in this case, for you the price stays the same.
All the contents on this website are and will stay free. And you don’t have to buy anything. We wrote this disclosure just so you know ; )
The Team of Saporedicina.com
Last Modification: 20 April 2018