Travel Cost Calculator: FAQ
Is the Travel Cost Calculator free?
Yes, the Travel Cost Calculator is completely free.
Can I book the hotels, flights, etc., of my choice directly using the Travel Cost Calculator?
No. The Travel Cost Calculator ONLY gives you a cost estimate. To book the services of your choice, you will have to:
- Click on the black button for each service that you want to book.
- Book directly on the website of the service of your choice. For instance, if you choose to book a hotel featured by Agoda.com, you will have to book it on the Agoda.com website
How does the Travel Cost Calculator work?
The Travel Cost Calculator provides an estimate of the cost of your next trip to Asia, assuming that you choose your itinerary in the way indicated below:
- Select the country/region AND city of departure. Note: the Travel Cost Calculator doesn’t include the international flight to reach your city of departure in Asia.
- Select the start date of your trip and how many days you want to spend in the first city.
- Add additional cities in the first country/region or add additional countries/regions. It’s up to you!
- Set your accommodation options: hotel stars, ratings, number of people and number of rooms.
- Add additional options if you wish, such as travel insurance. Note that you will need to specify the age and country of residence of the travelers.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions, then click on “CALCULATE TRAVEL COST”.
- The Travel Cost Calculator picks the cheapest possible option by default (among the service providers that we take into consideration for the calculation). However, you can select different options from the ones recommended. For example, you can pick a more expensive hotel if you prefer. In that case, the total cost will be updated automatically.
- You can also choose to have the results sent to your email inbox.
- Note that in order to book any services, you will have to go to the service provider’s website and book there.
- Last of all, note that you can request a free tour quote from our tour partner. You will then receive the tour quote in a separate email (sent directly from our tour partner).
What countries/regions does the cost calculator cover?
At the moment, the Travel Cost Calculator covers the following countries/regions:
- China (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
- the Philippines
I’m starting my trip from a country that isn’t covered by the Travel Cost Calculator (ie. the US, UK, etc). Does the calculation include the trip to Asia?
No. At the moment, the Travel Cost Calculator doesn’t take into account the international flight to reach your city of departure in Asia.
Do you guarantee that the Travel Cost Calculator will find the cheapest possible options?
Absolutely not. In order to offer such a “guarantee” we would have to take into account every single travel provider, and we aren’t able to.
The Travel Cost Calculator uses data sent from a few trusted travel providers that normally offer competitive rates in Asia: that’s why we picked these partners. However, we can’t guarantee that the featured travel providers will always offer the cheapest rates.
What travel service providers are featured at the moment?
At the moment, the Travel Cost Calculator extracts data from the following travel providers:
- Hotels: Agoda
- Transport: Trip, 12go, Baolau
- Insurance: World Nomads
Why does the Travel Cost Calculator claim that there is no transportation between city A and city B?
Sometimes the Travel Cost Calculator can’t find a connection between two cities, normally for one of the following reasons:
- There is no connection on the day of your choice (tickets are sold out, it is too early to book or no direct route exists).
- A connection exists but it’s not offered by the service providers featured on the Travel Cost Calculator.
If this is the case, you can either click on “Check again” to see if you can find a suitable option on the featured travel provider’s website or look for a different travel provider.
Why doesn’t the insurance option let me add travelers that are younger than 18 or older than 65?
- Travelers under 18 must be listed as “minors” in the Accommodation section and will be included in the insurance quote.
- At the moment, travelers over 65 years aren’t covered by the insurance provider featured by the Travel Cost Calculator, and we recommend that you look for a different insurance provider.
Do you make money off of the Cost Travel Calculator?
Yes. If you click on one of the “Book Now” (or similar) buttons, you will be redirected to the website of a third-party service provider. If you decide to purchase a service, we may get a commission. Note that the price for you doesn’t change.
Click here to read our disclosure.
I have a question or I found a bug in the Travel Cost Calculator. How can I contact you?
Click here to contact us.
What are the Terms and Conditions of your website?
Click here to read our Terms and Conditions.