Teaching kids in China
This is a complete guide to finding a job as an English teacher in China. It’s around 10,000 words, so take your time to read it. You can also click on one of the links below to jump directly to the sections that most interest you.
How to Teach English in China – Index
- Why teach English in China?
- Visa requirements
- What qualifications do I need?
- Teaching English as a non-native English speaker
- TEFL – Teaching English as a foreign language
- Best online platforms to get your TEFL certification
- What other skills will I need?
- Types of English teaching positions available
- Preparing a CV for a Chinese teaching position
- How to apply – from outside of China
- How to apply – from inside China
- Contracts and benefits
- What type of people teach English in China?
- Location considerations
- What can go wrong?
- Frequently asked questions