Does ExpressVPN still works in China? The short answer is “YES”!
The purpose of this article is to review ExpressVPN, which, in my opinion, is one of the best VPNs currently on the market. If you still don’t know what a VPN is, just go till the end of this article to learn more.
Why is ExpressVPN one of the best VPNs on the market?
ExpressVPN offers one of the best encryptions and IP blockers on the market. How do I know? Because it is one of the few VPNs that is able to pass one of the most demanding tests that exists: I’m talking about the Great Firewall of China, which limits access to innumerable websites such as Google, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter.
For years, we have tried a lot of VPNs, both paid and free in China, and I ensure you that few are capable of getting around the Great Firewall of China, and among those, few offer a stable and fast connection. For this entire time, ExpressVPN has been a sure choice, as it has only rarely experienced problems in this country.
Technical features of ExpressVPN
- Encryption protocols: ExpressVPN allows the main encryption protocols, such as UDP-OpenVPN, TCP/UDP, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec and PPTP.
- Simultaneous connections: ExpressVPN allows you to have 3 simultaneous connections.
- Number of countries with servers: 94 countries and 148 different locations
- Server changes allowed: Unlimited
- Applications: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iOS. In addition, it offers extensions for Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers
- Customer service: 24/7 via live chat and email.
- Guaranteed money back: 30 days.
- Special functionalities: Split tunneling (lets you decide which programs and/or websites use the VPN and which don’t) and integrated speed test
The strong points of ExpressVPN
- It has its own servers: This may seem obvious, but the large majority of VPNs especially the cheap or free don’t have their own servers. These VPNs rent the servers or on the worst occasions use your computer as a server, because of which they offer slow connections and make your computer much slower.
- It offers servers in 94 countries: This is one of the most important features, especially if your intent is to elude the geographic limitations of certain services. Don’t worry! You can watch your favorite Argentine series via streaming!
- It is very easy to use, regardless of your device: This is one of the aspects that I like the most. ExpressVPN offers the adequate software and apps, regardless of your device or operating system (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS or Linux) or explains in detail how to configure it in the case of PlayStation, Xbox or older versions of Andriod. In addition, its software is very easy to use: It does not require login (just activation when you install it), it automatically selects the best encryption protocol for your network and suggests the location of the servers that offer the fastest speeds from the place you are connected.
- Good technical assistance: Out of all of the VPNs that I have tried to date, ExpressVPN has the best technical assistance. They are quick to answer and normally solve your problem efficiently. This aspect is very important, especially in countries with significant Internet use restrictions like China, where properly adjusting the features of your VPN is essential to enjoy a fast and stable connection.
What would improve of ExpressVPN?
- Simultaneous connections: ExpressVPN offers 3 simultaneous connections, and while they are normally enough, currently, many competitors are offering 5 or more.
- Dedicated IP addresses: There is an increasing demand for users that want unique IP addresses that aren’t shared with other users. At this time, ExpressVPN is not yet offering this possibility.
How much does it cost ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN costs 6.67 USD per month if you buy an annual plan (with our exclusive discount), 9.99 USD per month if you buy it for 6 months and 12.95 USD per month if you buy it for only one month.
In my opinion, 6.67 USD per month for one of the best VPNs on the market is very reasonable. In fact, it is one of the cheapest VPNs with its own servers. Obviously, you can always choose a cheaper or free one, but don’t complain when everything is slow, your browser is filled with ads and you realize that your connection is not just insecure but that your browsing history is copied and sold to third parties.
What is a VPN and why is it useful to me?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network, to put it simply, is a system that allows you to send and receive information over the internet as if you were directly connected to a private network. It is mainly used to:
- Get around restrictions on internet use that exist in countries such as Iran and China, for example.
- Access services which are geographically limited; that is, which are only available in certain countries. For example, if you want to see your favorite series on Netflix or Hulu, you won’t be able to, unless you are in the United States. However, if you use a VPN to connect to an American server, you will be able to.
- Send send sensitive information (such as banking information) over insecure networks. VPNs allow you to encrypt the data you send over the internet, and as a result, it is much more difficult for third parties to read this information.
Frequently asked questions
- Accessing restricted websites in countries like China.
- Accessing geographically-restricted websites, in particular TV streaming websites.
- Safely downloading files.
- Improving the security of your connection, especially when using public Wi-Fi networks.