- Requirements for entering Vietnam
- Vietnam visas
- Tour operator or independent travel?
- Travel insurance for Vietnam
- Vaccines and medicines
- Hotels and hostels in Vietnam
- Getting to Vietnam (via air or ground)
- Internet and telephone
- Money, ATMs and credit cards
- Internal flights, trains, buses and taxis in Vietnam
- Tourist itineraries in Vietnam
- What to bring?
- When to travel in Vietnam?
- Food and drink
- How to communicate in Vietnam
- Frequently asked questions
Requirements for entering Vietnam,
Since March 15, 2022, Vietnam has been allowing all types of travelers to enter the country without going through quarantine if they meet the following requirements:
- Passport and visa (if necessary): The passport must have a minimum of six months’ validity. For stays of 15 days and less, a visa is not usually required (see the next section).
- A negative SARS-CoV-2 test: Anybody over the age of 2 years old must obtain a certificate demonstrating that they are negative for SARS-CoV-2 based on a RT-PCR/RT-LAMP test carried out a maximum of 72 hours prior to entering the country, or by means of a rapid antigen test within 24 hours prior.
- No type of vaccination certificate is required.
- Travel insurance: You must present proof of travel insurance covering at least 100,000 USD in medical treatment and potential admission due to COVID-19.
- The PC-COVID App: You must download and install the PC-COVID App on an Android or iOS (Apple) device
- 10-day self-evaluation: During the 10 days subsequent to your entry into the country, you must self evaluate your health status in order to observe potential symptoms of COVID-19.
Important: Given that regulations can change suddenly, it’s important to confirm these requirements on the website of your closest Vietnamese consulate or embassy.