Since 2016, if you have a passport form one of the countries listed on this page, it’s possible to get a group Chinese visa directly online at China Visa Direct, a platform that claims to be authorized by the Ministry of Public Safety of the People’s Republic of China.
This means that you may get a group visa without having to go to the consulate or mail your passport.
Online Group Visas for China – Index
- Advantages of online visas
- Disadvantages of online visas
- How can I get a Chinese visa online?
- How much does an online visa cost?
- Can I trust China Visa Direct?
- When should I apply for the visa?
- When and how will I get my visa?
- Can I require an online visa if I travel alone?
- How long does my online visa last?
- Other frequently asked questions
The advantages of online visas
- If you have an EU passport the visa only costs 99 Euro a person for your group (the reason is because there aren’t any intermediaries or consular fees). If your passport is from a different country, here you’ll find a complete list of prices);
- You won’t have to go to the consulate or mail your passport, saving time and worry about losing your precious document.
- From June 2019, the visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry in China (before it was valid 30 days from the date of visa approval, and thus you could stay in China less days).